Ubuntu Server brings economic and technical scalability to your datacentre, public or private. Whether you want to deploy an OpenStack cloud, a Hadoop cluster or a 50,000-node render farm, Ubuntu Server delivers the best value scale-out performance available.
What’s new in 16.04 LTS
- Supported for five years by Canonical
- Install Ubuntu Core Snaps
- ZFS stable, feature-rich file system with snapshot capabilities
- First production release of DPDK – line speed kernel networking
- Certification on AWS, Microsoft Azure, Joyent, IBM and HP Cloud
- Linux 4.4 kernel and systemd service manager
- Runs on all major architectures – x86, x86-64, ARM v7, ARM64, POWER8 and IBM s390x (LinuxONE)
- LXD Linux container hypervisor enhancements including QoS and resource controls (CPU, memory, block I/O, storage quota)
- Updates to Tomcat (v8), Postgresql (v9.5), Docker v(1.10), Puppet (v3.8.5), Qemu (v2.5), Libvirt (v1.3.1), LXC (v2.0), and MySQL (v5.6)
Landscape: Server management
Landscape allows you to manage thousands of Ubuntu machines as easily as one, making the administration of Ubuntu desktops, servers and cloud instances more cost-effective. It’s easy to set up, easy to use and it requires no special hardware.
- Management at scale
- Deploy or rollback security updates
- Compliance reporting
- Role-based access
- Informative monitoring
The fast track to virtualisation and containers
Ready to boost efficiencies and reduce costs? Virtualise your servers with Ubuntu Server, KVM and LXD. When you use a secure, lean version of Ubuntu as a guest operating system for your application, you can create virtual machines and machine containers in seconds. KVM, LXD, Xen, VMware, Vagrant, VirtualBox, and Docker are all first class experiences with Ubuntu Server. KVM virtualisation is now also available in Ubuntu Server for ARM and IBM POWER8.
Canonical supports an open ecosystem of operating system intercompatibility. By providing choice, users of Ubuntu for both servers and clouds are empowered to succeed with any workload. We encourage others to do the same and offer support for all (currently supported) versions of Ubuntu Server running on other virtualisation platforms, including KVM on other commercially available Linux distributions, VMware vSphere, and Microsoft Hyper‑V.
Ubuntu Advantage: world class support
The Ubuntu Advantage service programme provides fast problem resolution, direct access to Ubuntu experts and efficient administration with the Ubuntu systems management package, Landscape.
Landscape allows you to manage thousands of Ubuntu machines as easily as one, making the administration of Ubuntu desktops, servers and cloud instances more cost-effective.
- Billing Cycle
- 1 day
- Expires on
- Plan Categories