WHAT IS THE SANDBOX?
The Sandbox is a straightforward, pre-configured, learning environment that contains the latest developments from Apache Big Data related tools, specifically these tools were assembled together into Hortonworks DataFlow. The Sandbox comes packaged in a virtual environment that can run in the cloud or on your personal machine. The Sandbox allows you to learn and explore HDP on your own.
LEARN THE HOST ADDRESS OF YOUR ENVIRONMENT
Once you installed the Sandbox VM or container, it resolves to the host on your environment, the address of which varies depending upon the Virtual Machine you are using(Vmware, VirtualBox, etc) or container (Docker, etc). As, a general thumb rule, wait for the installation to complete and confirmation screen will tell you the host your sandbox resolves to. For example:
In case of Docker:
host would be
CONNECT TO THE WELCOME SCREEN
Append the port number :18888 to your host address, open your browser, and access Sandbox Welcome page at
Launch Dashboard to go to Ambari with a Analyze Traffic Patterns with Aapche NiFi tutorial and
QuickLinks to view some services of HDP environment.
MULTIPLE WAYS TO EXECUTE TERMINAL COMMANDS
Note: For all methods below, the login credential instructions will be the same to access the Sandbox through the terminal.
- Login using username as root and password as hadoop.
- After first time login, you will be prompted to retype your current password, then change your password.
- If you are using Putty on Windows then go to terminal of your sandbox in oracle virtualBox –> Press
Alt+F5–> enter username – root –> enter password – hadoop –> it will ask you to set new password –> set new password.
Open your terminal (mac and linux) or putty (windows). Type the following command to access the Sandbox through SSH:
# Usage: ssh @ -p ; # Example: ssh email@example.com -p 12222;
SHELL WEB CLIENT METHOD:
Open your web browser. Type the following text into your browser to access the Sandbox through the shell:
# Usage: # _host_:14200 Example: 127.0.0.1:14200
Navigate to Ambari welcome page using the url given on Sandbox welcome page or access at
Note: Both the username and password to login are admin.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE AMBARI
|Sandbox Welcome Page||http://host:18888|
|Log Search UI||http://host:62888|
THE FOLLOWING TABLE CONTAINS LOGIN CREDENTIALS:
|Ambari, OS||admin||refer to setup ambari admin password|
SETUP AMBARI ADMIN PASSWORD MANUALLY
- Start your sandbox and open a terminal (mac or linux) or putty (windows)
- SSH into the sandbox as root using
ssh firstname.lastname@example.org -p 2222. For Azure and VMware users, your
_port_will be different.
- Type the following commands:
# Updates password ambari-admin-password-reset # If Ambari doesn't restart automatically, restart ambari service ambari-agent restart
Note: Now you can login to ambari as an admin user to perform operations, such as starting and stopping services.
EXPLORE AMBARI WELCOME SCREEN 5 KEY CAPABILITIES
Enter the Ambari Welcome URL and then you should see the following options:
- “Operate Your Cluster” will take you to the Ambari Dashboard which is the primary UI for Hadoop Operators
- “Manage Users + Groups” allows you to add & remove Ambari users and groups
- “Clusters” allows you to grant permission to Ambari users and groups
- “Ambari User Views” list the set of Ambari Users views that are part of the cluster
- “Deploy Views” provides administration for adding and removing Ambari User Views
EXPLORE AMBARI DASHBOARD LINKS
Enter the Ambari Dashboard URL and Click on:
1. Metrics, Heatmap and Configuration
and then the
2. Dashboard, Services, Hosts, Alerts, Admin and User Views icon (represented by 3×3 matrix ) to become familiar with the Ambari resources available to you.
- Billing Cycle
- 1 day
- Expires on
- Plan Categories